13 Responses to Blog Chat Stew with Jim McCarthy starts at 3 p.m.!

1. kourtneyheintz says:

This is an amazing opportunity! Thank you so much for doing the live blog chat stew.

2. Ara Burklund says:

Awesome chat, Jim! Thanks for fielding all of our questions so quickly. It was fun and informative. Looking forward to next time!

3. Jean says:

This live chat was terrific. I look forward to the next one. Thanks so much!

4. Tracy says:

Jim, you're awesome for being DGLM's guinea pig for live blog chats!!

You all must do this again. The people demand it.

5. Monica says:

Thank you for answering all of our peskiest questions!

6. Shelley Watters says:

Thank you so much Jim for answering all our questions today! This was a wonderful experience!I look forward to querying you!

7. Meagan Spooner says:

This was totally fantastic, seriously. Great moderation, and so quick-moving. And thank you, thank you to Mr. McCarthy for taking the time to answer our questions. This has been tremendously helpful!

I wish I had suggestions for next time, but I really don't. I think this was really well done. I think my only opinion has to do with the poll–seeing as there's a split between the two options, perhaps having a themed chat for the first half hour and then opening the chat for general questions later might be a good compromise!

8. Natalie says:

Thank you. All these questions can send a writer mad. You've kept us out of the asylum a little longer.

9. Rane Anderson says:

Great! Thanks so much for this! I hope next time I can get online in time to post a question too!
    :-)

10. DGLM says:

Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone! I know we didn't get to every question, but it looks like I managed about one a minute, so hopefully lots of you got answers you were looking for. I think we'll definitely be doing this again in the future with other agents and maybe some specifically themed chats, so keep an eye out for DGLM Chat Stew Number Two!

11. DGLM says:

A note from your friendly moderator (who barely had to do anything, b/c Jim moderated himself in addition to answering all those questions): What kinds of themed chats would you guys be interested in? Give us some ideas below!

Also, Meagan, that's a great idea!

-Lauren

12. Eric Christopherson says:

Suggested potential themes:

The (near) future of publishing

The ebook revolution and traditional publishing

Choosing between agent offers

DGLM client relations and career development

13. Brodi Ashton says:

Loved reading the transcript of the chat. I can't wait for the next one!