Internships at DG&B
We are eager for dedicated and enthusiastic interns to assist our team! This is a great opportunity for organized, reliable, efficient individuals interested in learning about and breaking into the publishing industry. We offer internships for the fall, winter/spring, and summer terms. You can apply for each term between the following dates; applications submitted before or after these dates will unfortunately not be considered:
Fall Semester: July 1st—August 1st
Winter/Spring Semester: November 1st—December 1st
Summer Semester: March 1st—April 1st
Candidates should be eager to gain experience at an agency and be committed to devoting 15-20 hours per week in the office (we do not offer remote internships at this time). We’re looking for applicants who are interested in learning about the industry and the specifics of agenting, open to reading widely, and who are detail-oriented, organized, and have critical reading and research skills.
- Assist with reading slush, partial, and full manuscripts.
- Request and evaluate manuscripts.
- Write readers reports.
- Assist with contracts, royalty statements, and author correspondence as needed.
- Administrative duties, including but not limited to research, copyediting, filing, scanning, answering phones, data entry.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented & organized
- Well-read across different genres
- Basic computer skills
If interested, candidates can e-mail Amy Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume and cover letter.
The cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working at a literary agency? Why DG&B in particular?
- What are your favorite genres?
- What gets you excited about a book?
- What are your three favorite authors and what genre would you be interested in learning more about?
- Why do you think you would be a good candidate for our internship program?
This internship is unpaid, though we can offer academic credit. We ask that those who are coming in from Long Island, New Jersey, or other surrounding areas to please consider the cost of transportation when applying.