Signing in the Waldenbooks

by Jim

We’ve spent a lot of time lately talking about how important internet promotion is and how social media is changing the face of book marketing. Lots of folks are ready to embrace the shift. Others are more reticent. But in this delightful YouTube clip, author Parnell Hall shows just how flawed some of the more traditional means of publicity are and why some folks should be thankful they aren’t sent on book tours.

7 Responses to Signing in the Waldenbooks

1. Kristi Helvig says:

Oh my gosh, I love the part where he's next to Mary Higgins Clark and her line is out the door. Virtual tours sound better and better! :)

2. Virginia McGarity says:

That's priceless!

3. Tracy says:

That wouldn't have happened if they'd scheduled him for Barnes & Noble instead.

4. MaryWitzl says:

I would absolutely buy his book after seeing this: his sense of humor and humility are endearing.

Do U.S. authors ever go to airport bookstores, I wonder? I've seen authors at book signings in British airports, usually doing a cracking business. Lots of people are looking for good reads for their flights and have time to spare.

5. Elizabeth Lynd says:

That was hilarious. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

6. Sangu says:

This was amazing! What a creative, inventive guy! Thanks for this, Jim!

7. Michael G-G says:

This sure put him on my radar screen. The guy has a great sense of humor.