Literary heroes turn plastic!

by Rachel

When I was growing up, I played with Masters of The Universe action figures. My sister and I would play with these action figures for hours until a fight broke out over who would play with He-Man and who would be stuck with Skeletor – because seriously, nobody wants to play with Skeletor when you can be playing with He-Man.

I’ve always been a bit of a fan of action figures, and especially now that you can get action figures of literary heroes. I’m not ashamed to admit I have a plastic Virginia Woolf action hero, or a Chekhov finger puppet in my apartment. My love of good writing knows no end, I suppose.

So, I just loved this video I found on Huffington Post!

Bronte power dolls! I’ve got to get some, though if I do, I’m calling dibs on Emily Bronte—because seriously, again, why play with the other Bronte sisters when you can play with the writer of Wuthering Heights?

I’d like to see literary characters as action figures, too. Maybe Gregor Samsa from The Metamorphosis. He looks like a regular plastic figurine, but with the switch of a button he easily transforms into a monstrous insect.

Got any literary characters you’d like to see made into action heroes?

6 Responses to Literary heroes turn plastic!

1. Janet Morgenstern says:

I'll take Charlotte!

2. Anonymous says:

I've always enjoyed the Schwarzenegger version of Hamlet,

and was delighted to find that there was an action figure.

The skull is spring loaded and you can fire it at people. Not that I ever have, of course.

3. Sangu says:

Totally agree with that!

4. Redleg says:

I'd like to see Nostromo, with detachable silver buttons.

5. Leigh Verrill-Rhys says:

My personal favorite would be George Eliot (aka Marianne Evans) – now she could KB.

6. arbraun says:

Gregor Samsa is great. I'd like to see a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde transformer!