Children’s Books to Movies

by Stacey

Here’s a fun link to some ideas for classic children’s books that would adapt well for an adult audience. I’m not sure about a movie version of Goodnight Moon (unless it was very short!), but I do think that Good Night, Gorilla would be a really great animated film. Let’s hear some of your favorite children’s books that you think would make great movies.

8 Responses to Children’s Books to Movies

1. Haste yee back ;-) says:

My vote… Phantom Tollbooth, loved the book, not to keen on the art work, (sorry, Jules).

Like it so much I did my own illustrations. Here's my Mathemagician,

Haste yee back 😉

2. Tere Kirkland says:

HYB, Did you see the 1970 version of The Phantom Tollbooth? Had great music, and was mostly animated, with a live-action framing device. I still sing the Doldrums song some times, lol.

Well, since Where the Wild Things Are just got movified, I guess my next vote would be The Whipping Boy, or The Island of the Blue Dolphins. Loved historical/period books when I was a kid!

3. Haste yee back ;-) says:

Tere, haven't seen it but will certainly check it out…thanks for link

Haste yee back 😉

4. Jim Donahue says:

"Hats for Sale"–who wouldn't pay to see a movie about hat-stealing monkeys?

5. Jim Donahue says:

Er, "Caps," not "Hats."

6. jmartinlibrarian says:

I'd love to see a movie of "The Graveyard Book." Imagine the possibilities…hurry up, Hollywood!

7. Myrna Foster says:

Oh! The Whipping Boy could be an awesome movie, if they followed the story. And my children and I love Caps for Sale.

I know there are already a lot of Peter Pan movies out there, but Peter and the Starcatchers could be a great movie.

8. Sarah says:

jmartinlibrarian, I'm with you on The Graveyard Book!